Miami Premises Liability Lawyer – Slip, Trip and Fall Injuries
You may be entitled to receive money damages from a property owner if you are injured from a slip or trip and fall as a result of the property owner not properly maintaining their property. A property owner must maintain the property safe for persons that come on to the property. Generally speaking, a property owner has a duty to maintain the property in a reasonably safe condition. The owner of the property has a duty to warn a visitor of any dangerous condition the owner knows exists or should have reasonably known of its existence. The extent of this responsibility depends on the circumstances and reasons surrounding the victim’s visit or stay on the property.
How can a South Florida Premises Liability Attorney Help You?
Florida law provides that possessors of property are expected to exercise reasonable care in construction, management and maintenance of property. If an owner breaches this duty by failing to provide sufficient caution of dangerous conditions, concealing a known hazard, or failing to provide security against foreseeable crimes, the owner may be subjected to premises liability.
- In most instances, the person that comes on someone else’s property will be considered a business invitee. An example would be if you went to a store to buy merchandise.
- If you are invited as a guest to someone’s home.
- If you are a tenant, your landlord has a duty to exercise reasonable care to inspect and repair common areas such as stairways, elevators and hallways that are under the landlord’s control.
- In all these cases the owner of the property must repair any dangerous condition known or should have known existed or must have properly warned you of the danger.
What to do after a Slip/Trip & Fall injury:
- Report accident to property owner
- Take photographs of premises and accident area
- Take photographs of all visible injuries
- Obtain the name and phone number of all witnesses
- Obtain immediate medical attention
- Do not speak to anyone but your attorney
The Perez-Gurri Law Firm will handle all aspects of your case, from filing the claim with the appropriate insurance companies to managing the collection and payment of all medical bills. We will explain the law to you and how it affects your Slip and Fall Case. You should consult with an attorney who can advise you of your rights and the potential value of your damages.
What you may be entitled to receive, including but not limited to:
- Payment of medical bills
- Payment of lost wages
- Payment of lost services
- Payment for loss of earning capacity
- Payment for physical pain and suffering
- Payment for emotional pain and suffering
- Payment for property damage